After reaching the nine-million-dollar mark earlier this year, NRHA Hall of Famer, the late Gunner (AQHA Colonels Smoking Gun, APHA Colonels Smokingun), has reached another milestone. At the 2017 National Reining Horse Association (NRHA) Futurity & Adequan® North American Affiliate Championship Show, he became NRHA’s second Ten Million Dollar Sire.
Bred by Eric Storey of Henegar, Ala., Gunner (Colonelfourfreckle x Katie Gun) was a stand out in the show pen. He was the 1996 NRHA Futurity Reserve Champion, 1998 National Reiners Breeders Cup Reserve Champion and 2001 USET Festival of Champions Reining Champion. During his lifetime, Gunner earned nearly $175,000.
At the 2017 Futurity, Gunner had twelve offspring competing in the finals—seven in the Open and five in the Non Pro. Together, these horses earned over $175,000 and helped Gunner become a Ten Million Dollar Sire.
Gunner’s highest money earning offspring include:
- Tinker With Guns (out of Tinker Nic): NRHA LTE over $344,000
- Gunners Tinseltown (out of Miss Tinseltown): NRHA LTE over $305,000
- Americasnextgunmodel (out of Cee Dun It Do It): NRHA LTE over $289,000
- Gunners Special Nite (out of Mifs Doll): NRHA Million Dollar Sire with NRHA LTE over $219,000
- Gunnatrashya (out of Natrasha): NRHA Million Dollar Sire with NRHA LTE over $218,000
Congratulation to NRHA’s newest Ten Million Dollar Sire, Gunner.